Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Friday, August 24, 2012

"Celebrate" in Pretty Pink and Mint Chocolate Chip with Unscripted Sketches #172


It's been such a busy week and I can't believe it's Friday already. I wanted to share this week's Sketch-It Saturday with Unscripted Sketches! This particular card was a bit of a challenge because this week there was also a piggyback challenge to use these colors with Sketch #172.


I think my card tackles the sketch and the color challenge, too.


This lovely "Celebrate" card uses pretty pink and mint chocolate chip colors using  Unscripted Sketches #172. I'm also playing along with the "Sketch It" challenge from Shopping Our Stash Challenge #65.

The base two-tone green diamond paper and the pink patterned diamond paper is Anna Griffin. These papers complemented perfectly with the K and Company "Peppermint Twist" chipboard ornament and peppermint swirls. I brought in the chocolate color with a scrap of hand painted brown paper bag for the matte and also a stripe on the pink American Crafts ribbon. Finished off with a small creme bow to top off my ornament and all mounted on a creme cardstock card base.


What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

Thanks for dropping by! Join me tomorrow for a new Sketch-it Saturday sketch and Sunday I will be altering something fun and fabulous. There's still time to play along with the Altering Wooden Spoons bloghop...CLICK HERE to view.

: ) Sb 

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty combination of colours here Susan! Love the way all the papers work so well together.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to mix up papers - I can rarely get that to work when I cross the beams of different manufacturers. :)

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! I love the little peppermints and the ornament is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Love the non-traditional Christmas colors and those little pepermints are adorable!
    Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin