Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Thursday, August 30, 2012

What's Going on in My Neck of the Winds...



The sun has finally returned!!! It has been a hectic week with the effects of Tropical Storm Issac hanging over South Florida last weekend through Tuesday....what a windy RAINMAKER! My heart goes out to those in the gulf coast region and New Orleans as they now deal with this mess of a hurricane. I celebrated my last birthday in New Orleans with my husband and best friend - it was a wonderful and eclectic place to visit - full of creative and flavorful inspiration. Having been there, it is heartbreaking to see the floodwaters rise again.

That being said, I do have a few projects to share...


For Saturday's Unscripted Sketches debut of Sketch #173, I made this card with Santa peeking through the window. I really love how the lacy trim mimicks a snow-capped window.


On Sunday, I had one project planned which evolved into four projects that day. I learned that my creative muse goes topsy-turvy when the weather flares up. My latest art journal page created using goodies from Altered Pages was the one project that saw the light of day when the storm had passed. I really love this "Mirror...Mirror" journal page and it's spooky limerick.


On Tuesday, I shared another "AMAZING" project HOW-TO at the Amazing Mold Putty Blog. It's time the kids go back-to-school and Halloween is just around the corner, so I created this SpOoky Cute "EEK" hanging wall decor. I saw one of these at the store among the holiday decorations and it was pretty cute, but NOT worth the hefty price tag {$12.99}. This was the perfect opportunity to make it myself with Amazing Mold Putty and Amazing Casting Resin and things I already have around the house. Please CLICK HERE to see the how-to. ALSO - a Design Team call opened up for this week for AMP...I hope you will be applying!!!

Finally, an ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Great News! The ABAC Challenge Blog will kick-off this weekend on September 2nd. I am part of the design team for this brand spanking new challenge blog...


The ABAC Challenge Blog is a biweekly challenge for crafters of all kinds to create something other than a card! You can do ATC's, tags, sewing, scrapbook layouts, felting, painting, sculpture, altered items, textiles, the list is endless! The only thing NOT allowed is a card! Everyone is invited to link-up and play along - I hope to see you there!!!

Thanks for dropping by. I hope you have a fabulous day - tommorrow is Festive Friday and one day closer to the three-day holiday weekend!!! Sb : )

5 comments:

  1. All this and you faced off with Isaac! Wow! I'm in Central FL, so we didn't get hit like you did. Glad everyone is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got a lot of rain over here on the Treasure Coast. Our car was caught in the flood during a detour from a washed out road. We're waiting on ins inspector. uggh. Glad all are safe though. Love the project you did with the Mold Putty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work Susan! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are beautiful, and the ABAC challenge sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin