Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Winds of Change...It's Finally Fall - at Least for a Day or Two...



Hooray!!! I'm happy to report that fall has finally reached South Florida and this morning it's a brisk 58 degrees...time to break out the light leather jacket, boots and a scarf!

In falls finest colors: red, gold, bronze and rust - I have created a steampunk necklace using a stamped silk leaf, diecut leafs out of mica and painted vintage book paper, chain pieces, and of course...gears! I am submitting this to "Autumn Leaves" Challenge at Simon Says Stamp.


Using jewelry pliers, I opened the chain links and added gears. I also added leaf brads to repeat the leaf motif. 


I used these items from Simon Says Stamp for this project:

Ranger Walnut Stain Distress Ink, Stampers Anonymous Writing Background StampCuttlebug Leaves Die, Beadalon Tool Kit, and Judikins Diamond Glaze.







Thanks for stopping by! I hope fall is bringing you beautiful weather and colors. Have a great day! Sb : )

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous necklace! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous necklace Susan :-) the leaves and all the steampunk elements are gorgeous together :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin