Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Friday, November 23, 2012

Vintage Beauty in Blue Christmas Card for Festive Friday #22



Happy Thanksgiving weekend!!! I want to give a special thanks to all of you for following along with me on my challenge of creating Christmas cards all year!

Welcome to the twenty-second and FINAL installment of Terri Sproul's 2012 Festive Friday Bloghop series. I'm so grateful to have been part of this creatively fun bloghop to help keep me on track, too. I have created an inlinkz of ALL my bloghop posts so you can catch up on all my posts up from all year. I still have a couple weeks of cards to go until Christmas...but this event is done for the year. I have created an inlinkz of my posts so you can catch up on all my posts up until now - just click the boxes below to see. 



You should have arrived here from Terri's Page. To get back to the beginning of the bloghop CLICK HERE. If you want to be part of the hop today...go over to Terri's and link up your holiday card.


Here's my final card - a vintage beauty in blue.

The vintage beauty is from "Lovely Winter Blue Girls AP-2045" digital collage sheet from AlteredPages.com. This image has the sentiment included, so there's not much to be done to create a beautiful card. I created a base card out of a glittery blue snowflake paper from a DCWV Holiday stack. It's the perfect finishing touch and added the right amount of sparkle, too. I like to make my cards without sentiment - so that I can customize for whomever I will be sending too.

**A TIP** I used a matte cut out of vellum to create a faux polaroid look. This is one of my favorite ways to highlight a photo. I distressed the edges with sandpaper and creamy brown chalk ink.

* * * * * * * * * * *
Thanks for visiting!!!
The next stop on the Festive Friday Bloghop
is Angela at Midnight Crafting - CLICK HERE.

Have a fantastic Friday...and aI hope you enjoy your Holiday Season, too! Sb :)

6 comments:

  1. The blue background really brings the focus to the photo - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Susan, this is a vintage beauty. Love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE YOUR CARDS. Your Grinch cards are always so cute. I love any thing vintage and the images from Altered Pages are perfect for them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Your trim matches the lovely vintage image perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin