Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Sun Shines Brightly for Anything But a Card Challenges #8


Hello! I hope you are enjoying your Sunday. Today debuts a brand new Anything But a Card Challenge... "Celebrating the Light or Seasonal Holiday". Time to put your thinking caps on and get ready to CREATE and play along??? 

There's two weeks to play along and link up via inlinkz froggy. Anything But a Card Challenges is a bi-weekly challenge and today, the Design Team showcases NEW projects using a brand-new challenge of "Celebrating the Light or Seasonal Holiday". Please click here to head on over to ABAC and see all the fantastic projects shared by the fantastic design team AND submissions by all of you. I will have a project featured next Sunday for week two of the challenge. 

REMEMBER this challenge blog is ANYTHING and EVERYTHING... except for Cards. ATC's aren't greeting cards...so please link up your ATC's!!!


Anything But a Card Challenge 8 is "
Celebrating the Light or Seasonal Holiday". Create anything that represents light (sun, candles, flame, stars, fireplace, sunrise/sunset, lantern, etc. and/OR something related to Christmas, Hanukkah, Yule, Kwanzaa, etc.

For this theme I created a hand embossed ATC constructed from painted aluminum tape. I have applied a weathered metal painting technique to achieve the "golden-bronze" effect. I started with a stamped image of a sun and then using a stylus, free-handed a design around it. I really love the rays radiating around the sun. The great thing about using metal tape is that once you are done, it has adhesive on the back so it's ready to apply to your ATC back. Easy-peasy...lemon squeezy.

"Sun ATC"


I hope you are inspired to play along and I can't wait to see what you create! I am in the studio making gifts and goodies for a craft show next weekend.


Have you heard about the "Saturday Crafts Fair" on Linqto??? It's two hours of demos, prizes, and chatting with friends. Get ideas for holiday cards and gifts; paper crafting, scrapbooking, quilts, knitting, embroidery, crafts for kids... creative projects for any budget and skill level. They have been giving away an iPad mini and multiple $50 Michaels gift cards to lucky viewers present watching the live streams {you have to be present to win}. All streams are recorded so if you miss one, you can watch the playback.


All are invited next weekend for the Saturday Crafts Fair ... the fun starts at 3pm EST!!! I have my own room, sbartist : daylight musings at the Saturday Crafts Fair! So I invite you to please drop by and join me for some creative time weekly. My demos begin at 4pm EST {1pm PST}.

Here's the link to my room: 

It's only 16 days until Christamas...YIKES!!! How are your HANDMADE HOLIDAY gifts coming along?? Have a great Sunday!
:) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin