Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Grab Your Ribbon and Lace!!! Anything But A Card Challenges No. 11 - TIE it UP!


Good Sunday Morning!!! Today debuts a brand new Anything But a Card Challenge... Challenge number 11 - "Tie It Up". Are you ready to CREATE and play along!


There's two weeks to play along and link up via inlinkz froggy. Anything But a Card Challenges is a bi-weekly challenge and today, the Design Team showcases NEW projects using a brand-new challenge #11 of "TIE IT UP." Please click here to head on over to ABAC and see all the fantastic projects shared by the fantastic design team AND submissions by all of you. I will have a project featured next Sunday for week two of the challenge...and my project next week really takes this challenge out of the box.


REMEMBER this challenge blog is ANYTHING and EVERYTHING... except for Cards. ATC's aren't greeting cards...so please link up your ATC's!!!



Anything But a Card Challenge 11 is "TIE IT UP". This is a great challenge and gives you a reason to un-tangle your stash of ribbon, string and twine! USE ribbon, twine, jute, fibers, seam binding, lace, ric-rak, cording, trims, etc., EVEN wire too! I hope you are inspired to play along and I can't wait to see what you create! 


Today I am sharing the altered bra I made for the Charity Wings Flash Mob fundraiser that opened the festivities last weekend at CHA in Annaheim, CA. This is a bra that was from my wedding and I was happy to spray it pink and alter it with all sorts of goodies from my creative stash. The idea for the flashmob was to alter a bra and wear it on top of a pink t-shirt to be flashed at a certain point of the dance. Well, since I couldn't use the clasps to wear this bra that is "two sizes too small" now, I altered the back as well. Now my bra has "CORSETTED TIE-UP" straps. So using strands of cut up t-shirt string, I tied them on to the clasps and transformed the back of the bra in "ROCKER CHIC" style.


Isn't this so FUN!!!


I also have to admit - that at about 3am before the event it dawned on me that I was decorating a hanger for a "STRAPLESS BRA"!!! This was so hilarious! And in my bag of pink stashed goodies, there was plenty of ribbon, some safety pins and two small pink clothespins to fashion some hanging straps - VOILA!!!

Happy Creating!!!


Thanks for stopping by!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Want to play on Saturdays? Please join me live at 4:00pm EST {1pm PST} in the Daylight Musings room at the Saturday Crafts Fair on Linqto! I am demonstrating there every Saturday where I'm sharing my projects, how-to's, sharing tips, and there's prizes, too. Next weekend I will be showing how to make custom DIY embossing templates out of chipboard. Hope to see you there!  : ) Sb

3 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS!! I love that you went completely out of the box and how great that it was from your wedding!! There is a women's clothing store in a nearby town that has an annual 'Bling Your Bra' contest to support breast cancer research. It is always so fun to see what people create!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin