Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, January 13, 2013

"Things with Wings" Anything But A Card Challenges - Week 2





Happy Sunday and welcome to WEEK TWO of Anything But a Card Challenges challenge #10 of "THINGS WITH WINGS" Please click here to head on over to ABAC and see all the fantastic projects shared by the fantastic design team AND submissions by all of you.


REMEMBER this challenge blog is ANYTHING and EVERYTHING... except for Cards. ATC's aren't greeting cards...so please link up your ATC's!!!


Anything But a Card Challenge 10 is "THINGS WITH WINGS"This is a great theme full of possibilities and I'm sure you all are going to have tons of ideas fluttering about. I hope you are inspired to play along!!!



I am sharing today a "Steampunk" style pin made from stuff in my crafty stash and standard beading bits and pieces. The sheild of the pin is a silver pin that created a mold using Amazing Mold Puddy, then I resin casted using Amazing Casting Resin then colored with alcohol inks and acrylic paints. I finished off by polishing with antique gold rub and buff to bring out the patina and detail. The wings are hammered chipboard that are embossed with gold embossing powder, then added patina with alcohol inks and acrylic paint. I finished it off with suspending some beads, pearls and an old key and also some adhesive gems for a little bling. This piece is currently on display at the Amazing Crafting Products booth #1418 at CHA where I am demonstrating and playing this weekend :)



Thanks for stopping by - I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

THIS IS THE WEEKEND!!!


Get raffle tickets to be entered to win over 50 prizes.
CLICK HERE for tickets.

I am at the CHA convention right now...yes and demoing at the Amazing Crafting Products booth, too! I plan to meet as many creatives as possible, learn a few things and come back INSPIRED and I promise to share it all with you, too!! The Live from CHA event is FREE for all to see all that 2013 will bring for our creative passions.  :) Sb

4 comments:

  1. ooohh how cool to be at CHA! I can't even imagine! And this pin is beyond gorgeous. I love it! The wings are amazing- they look like hammered metal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, cool pin, I love the colour effect, It must be amazing being at Cha. hope its going well. mark x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had fun! Your piece is wonderful as Carla said the wings do indeed look like they have been made from molten metal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous piece! The finish is awesome!

    I can only imagine how much fun you had at CHA! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin