Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, April 21, 2013

I'm all Awash in Inky Fun for Anything But a Card Challenge Number 17



Hello! I hope you are enjoying your Sunday. I missed posting last weekend for the debut of the new Anything But a Card Challenge... Number 17 "APRIL SHOWERS". So I'm sharing two projects with you today... are you ready for some Cre8time???


There's two weeks to play along and link up via inlinkz froggy. Anything But a Card Challenges is a bi-weekly challenge and today, begins week 2 of our challenge. Our wonderful Design Team showcases NEW projects using our "APRIL SHOWERS" theme. Please click here to head on over to ABAC and see all the fantastic projects shared by the design team AND submissions by all of you. I will have a project featured next Sunday for week two of the challenge.

REMEMBER this challenge blog is ANYTHING and EVERYTHING... except for Cards. ATC's aren't greeting cards...so please link up your ATC's!!!


Anything But a Card Challenge 17 "APRIL SHOWERS" - create anything with a WATER theme including mermaids, beaches, seas, the color of seas/oceans, thunderstorms, rainbows, streans, rivers, ponds, snow, spring showers, umbrella, fountains, waterfalls. I'm sure you are awash in creative ideas!!!
We have some exciting new designers joining the ABAC Design Team and I have taken over the Helm to keep Anything But A Card Challenges on Course to lend founder Carla a hand. Along with a couple other new and exciting things I'm doing, I'm juggling things around so I'm also sharing my project that was featured for week one...


 
I love doing throw away collages - collecting up leftover stuff from other projects and create something new. The base of this is a 6" square star book made of chipboard scraps and white paper. It was just a plain book as it was a trial run project and now I have a pretty journal that is ready for pretty patterned papers, sketching, journaling and embellishing.

The burlap and sparkly floral mesh are from the floral dept. at the craft store. I had received a small bits of each in a crafty supply swap - but I needed MORE. The shells and quote are one large stamp by Crafty Individuals {I just love the vintage by the sea feel}. I gave the chipboard base of the cover a whitewash with some acrylic paint in a dauber bottle. I finished this off with some real freshwater pearl beads.


This collage using teals, blues and green with natural embellishments - burlap, glass and sea shells. I used glitter to accent the sand in my vintage beach photo. I created a weathered wood feeling by tearing and distressing the edges of the painted map paper in the background.

And now I'm off for a nap...



This hand-colored in the flamingo using my Ranger Distress Markers, Makes me laugh out loud! Viva Las VegaStamps! is famous for stamps of any theme and variety you could ever dream of... and I visited the store a couple weeks ago {I know... I have a lot of blogging to catch up on}. The May Arts ribbons at the bottom I stamped and inked to blend in with the watery background. I am totally in LOVE with the paper raffia tying off the top of this tag. I have a whole spool which I received as a prize from the winning a May Arts Craft Challenge back in December. All STAMPS Viva Las VegaStamps! - Flamingo Sleeping #5168, "I Have So Much to Do..." #17528, Paris Address #17539, and Measuring Tape Numbers from plate 1430.

I hope you are inspired to play along and I can't see what you create! I've been in a frenzy creating Earth Day projects for a special Earth Day bloghop that I'm participating in tomorrow - be sure to drop by - you will be inspired!!!   :) Sb

1 comment:

  1. I've not seen this stamp, I can't resist a flamingo and this is such fun. Love what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin