Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Making ATC's for Anything But A Card Challenges No. 18... What a Treat!


Hello! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I'm so excited to for this new Anything But a Card Challenge... Number 18 is all about "A.T.C.'s" { artist trading cards }. This format is one that I have been creating and trading for many years and I love making these mini masterpieces.


There's two weeks to play along and link up via inlinkz froggy. Anything But a Card Challenges is a bi-weekly challenge and today, begins week 2 of our challenge. Our wonderful Design Team showcases NEW "A.T.C" projects today. Please click here to head on over to ABAC and see all the fantastic projects shared by the design team AND submissions by all of you. I will have a project featured next Sunday for week two of the challenge. THIS CHALLENGE IS ONLY A.T.C.'s.


Anything But a Card Challenge 18 is all about "A.T.C.'s" - {ARTIST TRADING CARDS}: This small fun format is quite addictive – can be of any theme and using any media. You can even have windows, doors and pull-outs if you are really inventive. We invite you to play along and HAVE FUN creating A.T.C.'s!!!

This style originated with a project initiated in 1997 by Zurich artist M.Vänçi Stirnemann. CLICK HERE to view gallery of participating artists. What a GRAND idea this artist came up with and now is a global creative trend.

(1) their size is 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" { 64 mm x 89 mm } - could be horizontal or vertical.
(2) A.T.C.'s are meant to be traded - never sold.
(3) they are originals, small editions and, most importantly, self-produced. Anybody can produce them.


I love making ATC's and it's the perfect format to try out new things and techniques I want to try. This ATC has a feature star using a weathered metal technique.


This card is so reminiscent of Venice and architecture and used a magazine page painted with a gesso wash then stamped over. This theme is wide open and you can be as imaginative and inventive as you like!

And now I'm off to PLAY...


I hope you are inspired to play along and I can't see what you create! I created a masterboard made from paper scraps on my table yesterday during my Saturday Crafts Fair demo that will become a set of ten brand new ATC's. I can't wait to share them next weekend for week two of this challenge. I'm so excited with how they will evolve!!! :) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin