Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bluebells Bring Best Wishes for Unscripted Sketches #215



Hello everyone! My new schedule is finally getting into a rhythm and I'm getting back to creating. Today I'm sharing a "Best Wishes" card I made for this week's Unscripted Sketches sketch #215. You know how I'm all about using up every little scrap I can, even the overspray from misting, too! My "ONE-TOUCH" rule won out for this project... and came together really quickly as a bunch of coordinating items were all within reach. I just love the minimal look of the reversed floral stem with the contrasting black, white and silver.


Remember my art journal page I shared the other day??? CLICK HERE for a refresher. It featured a bluebell chipboard embellishment from UmWowStudio that I sprayed with black and silver metallic mists. Well, in the process of painting the chippies... I got some really nice background silhouettes in the overspray from spraying the chipboard. AND I got several because I didn't leave it sitting in a pool of liquid, I let the color set a minute, then pressed off the excess on a blank sheet, then repeated, building up layers.


At the top of the card, I added these two decorative ring buttons {that's what it says on the packaging} - but they are individual mini wedding rings and NOT buttons. Totally perfect for accenting this silver shimmery card. The sentiment "Best Wishes #826" from Viva Las VegaStamps! is stamped on a scrap of the misted cardstock in black dye ink.

This card came together really quickly with some layering and matting and adding ribbon trim for the details, all topped of with my mini rings with bling! This card is a bit larger than normal, but the next wedding I go to, I'll be all set and has room for a special personalized greeting and a gift certificate, too.


What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun... and post your creation on their page via inlinkz for all the world to see!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday evening and come and play along with this week's sketch.
: ) Sb

1 comment:

  1. Love those "ring buttons" - but I really like how you use your "scraps" - I do the very same thing :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin