Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Friday, September 19, 2014

#Cre8time in a DASH... Quick Makes and My Take on CAS


Happy Friday everyone! It's that time again... time for another one of my "Thoughtful Abstractions" columns at Unruly PaperArts. This month's GOTTA DASH ISSUE at Unruly PaperArts... dedicated to quick and easy makes and Clean and Simple Designs to inspire your Cre8time. This was a particularly interesting challenge for me as my creations usually take on a life of their own {and not usually quick or simple} but I found the CAS style refreshing and inspiring! In looking back at some of my creations, a style I'm quite fond of and visit often.


Please CLICK HERE to view my Thoughtful Abstractions column in the Unruly PaperArts GOTTA DASH ISSUE. I'm just buzzing with tips and ideas for making your Cre8time quick, easy and fun! Below I have rounded up some other CAS makes that I'm quite fond of that have some interesting twists - Enjoy! 


This card features a mosaic pattern of inchie stamps layered with a dimensional butterfly embellishment. These were 6 separate stamps {Inkadinkado} that I grouped on my acrylic block before stamping. You could get the same effect by cutting up a patterned paper, photo or stamped image into squares and spacing in a mosaic fashion.


Recognize these cute little gifts??? They are from a large sheet of patterned paper with these all over the page. Use those busy papers by cutting out the images and making fun and FLAT card embellishments. The center gift is topped with a ribbon bow for that perfect finishing touch!


How about stamp a border to set off that perfect stamped sentiment? I've transformed solid cardstock into my own patterned paper by just lining up and repeating one stamp with my feature image set off with a co-ordinating matte {all stamps from VLVS!}.


The feature of this card is the lovely clutch of hand-colored bunnies {stamp from VLVS!}. I made this card special by adding some pops of color with the flower embellishments and a hand cut fringed/coiled grass matte for a little whimsy.


These quick and easy makes don't keep me limited to just cards... I can apply the same techniques in customizing a plain wicker box into something a little more "PERSONAL" {all stamps from VLVS!}. Even when you are short on time, your imagination can still be front and center!

I hope you are inspired and are ready to go run and make something!


Are you a NITE OWL who loves "The DARK of NIGHT"??? That's the theme for this month's Reader's Art Quest at Unruly PaperArts. This is a perfect prompt for Halloween and blustery fall creations. One lucky creation linked up via inLinkz will be randomly chosen to win a fabulous prize package from our sponsor this month Eyelet Outlet and Brads!CLICK HERE for the details!

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

Thanks for visiting. Have a fabulously creative day :) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin