Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, February 14, 2015

A #Cre8time Valentine for that Long Lost SUMMER Flame...




Hello Everyone... Happy Valentine's Day!! It's the middle of Feburary {already} and time for another blast of inspiration for the current Reader's Art Quest at Unruly Paper Arts. This month's challenge theme is "Heartfelt" which is perfect way to spend a little #Cre8time creating in the colors of LOVE! Reds, pinks, white and pops of orange are sure to turn up the heat and bring some sizzle to the middle of winter.


The Unruly Paper Arts Reader's Art Quest "Heartfelt" Inspiration photo and color palette, are perfect for creating a special Valentine for that long lost summer flame.

 

This card came together pretty easy with some scraps and leftovers from other projects. I have a bin on my craft table that is a collection of leftovers, die-cuts, stickers, embellishments and other misc fodder for crafting... a fun place to shop for items to assemble a mixed-media card and put some of these items to use!


The background is a torn scrap of pink painted cardstock cut to fit to a tan speckletone card base. Add photo corners and some sparkly floral mesh and I have a nice start. I stamped the "retro beach dude" from Rubber Dance Art Stamps - for my summer beau in brown dye ink. Layered on top is an assortment of Sizzix leaf sprigs, a red heart doily creatively trimmed, embossed chipboard shapes from M store dollar bin, a scrap of three hearts cut from a patterned paper with doily paper behind, and two word stickers matted with red cardstock - all kissed with a little chalk inks for distressing. 




I hope you enjoyed my project and that you are inspired to join us in this month's Reader's Art Quest and check out the sponsor this month Rubber Dance Art Stamps. I would love to see what you create. Please leave me a comment with your link.

Happy Valentine's Day! I'm planning on spending the day with my main squeeze going on a date to the annual Coconut Grove Art Festival down in Miami... gotta love a crafty road trip with good art, good food and my one true love! :) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin