Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, July 6, 2015

Freshly Squeezed #Cre8time Summer Crafts with Designer Crafts Connection



Hello Everyone! It's the first Monday of July which brings another Designer Crafts Connection Bloghop... this month is all about "Summertime Crafts". Summer is the time for vacations, days spent at the shore and for many scrapbooking and crafting! Our creatives are sharing projects that inspire your Cre8time for the summer season. 

My project I'm sharing today is a bright, sunny citrus paper gift tote created with a handmade stamp. Summer is the perfect time for making mini albums and gifts that are in bright, tropical colors... fortunately, I live in South Florida and it's summer pretty much year round. I don't have to look far for inspiration.


I love making molds of interesting items, many from nature and especially food! For the past couple of months, I have been developed a series of citrus molds - grapefruit, orange, lemon and lime slices to use for my mixed-media and handmade resin jewelry creations.

As a paper crafter and stamper, I think ahead to get double duty from my molds so they can be used for mixed-media applications too. I took this particular mold one step further to create a custom stamp from my citrus slice. I took the existing mold, and generously lubricated mold with vaseline {because Amazing Mold Putty will fuse to itself}. 



I mixed up another batch of Amazing Mold Putty and pressed into the mold to make a reverse. I used a small juice glass to press into mold and get a nice flat surface. In about 15 minutes this is cured and ready to use... and I have a relief stamp that is a slice of heaven!




I mount to my acrylic block with some double-sided
adhesive tape and apply ink using a brayer.




Voila! My resulting stamped image. I love the subtle impression it gives, very similar to a traditional fruit or vegetable print - EXCEPT - this stamp is permanent, washable and re-useable! I carried on inking and stamping until I created a couple of sheets of handstamped paper... which I fashioned into this bright, sunny and oooh so tropical paper tote. I accented with some ribbon, burlap trim, purse handles and a few handmade danglies! This came out so AMAZING – this pattern would be fabulous stamped onto fabric to make a tablecloth or a beach tote for the summer, too!

"Tropical Citrus Tote"


This STUNNING background paper for this paper tote is entirely hand-stamped from my DIY stamp created using Amazing Mold Putty!!! It totally looks store bought, right? Who wouldn't love a handmade gift wrapped like this?

Thanks so much for visiting! Continue on the Designer Crafts Connection "Summertime Crafts" by selecting hop back/forward on the logo below to enjoy all of the wonderful inspiration. Happy Creating! Sb :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin