Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, October 29, 2011

LR's Crafty Steampunk Bloghop




I am sharing two things I have created. Let me start off with saying, I have never created anything in the "Steampunk" style previously and it was a fun challenge. Both pieces are made from stuff in my crafty stash and standard beading bits and pieces. The first piece is a pin and the second is a bracelet. I was a little inspired last night by the new show project accessory. I had planned the pin so I can make another cast with Amazing Mold Puddy and Amazing Casting Resin, but the bracelet was inspired by the show. The wings are hammered chipboard that I embossed with gold embossing powder, then added depth in color with alcohol inks and acrylic paint. The sheild of the pin is a silver pin that I resin casted, then colored with alcohol inks and acrylic paints. I finished it off with suspending some beads, pearls and an old key and also some adhesive gems for a little bling.




 

For the bracelet, I came across this section of four embroidered segments, and I ran with it. I stitched on some jewel parts and some pearls and an interesting button in the center. The smaller pearls encircling the center button are adhesive backed pearls. I had tons more stuff to add on, but I decided to keep it simple because the embroidery was so pretty. I can probably add a bit of chain to wear it as a choker.

 

Thanks for visiting. Want to win some blog CANDY? I will be giving away some steampunk crafty goodies including a resin cast of the sheild used in my pin. Please leave a comment to be entered in the drawing. Enjoy the rest of the bloghop and have a great weekend! Sb


10 comments:

  1. Lovely creation, I can imagine a Victorian steam punk lady wearing it. X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan both projects are AWESOME! I love the crocheted cuff!! Pineapple is one of my favorite crochet designs and the pin is fun and whimsical! Thank you so much for being a part of my blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful jewelry but I LOVE that bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple, yet beautiful. TY for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your projects are lovely! I particularly love the bracelet. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these projects are pretty nice work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. I especially love the pin you created.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beauituflly made items. I think keys are an awesome fashion accessory! Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did great for never having done anything Steampunk before... LOVE your style... keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Fantastic and I love you mixed media steampunk art...TFS

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin