Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas Card Number 2 using
Unscripted Sketches #140

I would like to start out by saying that I started off not making a Christmas theme creation for this weeks project. I wanted use this queen bee stamp from VLVS along with this sketch. Let me explain my work process...sometimes I can see the end result immediately and set out to it - AND is not what usually occurs. USUALLY I just start rifleling through things, tools and supplies and start - not knowing where things are going - and follow it to where creation leads. After starting to create and make all the pieces, my original project has evolved into a QUEEN BEE of an altered project. As a result, project number two started...and the one touch rule strikes again. Today I present Christmas card number #2. 


Okay...Okay! I am going to try and stay committed to Christmas cards all year. To assist in this effort - beginning next Friday, January 13th, I will be participating in the biweekly 2012 Festive Friday Bloghop hosted by Terri Sproul. This just adds more stuff to my never ending mess on the craft table. One upside, I have worked on something crafty every day before work or leaving the house for about 10 days now. And this new sprouting habit is making me very happy. This morning I have been a busy bee {hehe}...I have stamped texture to a bunch of cut-out hexagons and arranged in a pattern {please nobody touch it}. I've also been researching encaustic/beeswax painting...to see how to best complete my evolving bee project.

Using this week's sketch #140, I created this fun and shimmery ornament card. I had some leftover alcohol ink painted paper from my New Year's Card {CLICK HERE to see this project}. I embossed this with the Cuttlebug collage ornaments embossing folder. I cut out the ornaments and rubbed them with antique gold pearlescent dewdrop ink. I also have a 5x7 Christmas countdown Cuttlebug folder - this is where I got the star shape with number. **TIP** I didn't have a lot of this painted paper, so I cut pieces to fit over the parts of the embossing folder needed. I rubbed the star with gold ink and mounted to a piece of shimmery blue paper and trimmed leaving a thin border. I mounted all to card base of a DCVW paper using VLVS Miracle Tape. The star is raised using 3-D dots. The ornaments are topped of with small bows of blue ribbon {yes - I tied each of these}. This card is colorful, festive and full of texture -and not screaming SANTA!


What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

I don't have anything going on this weekend, but my January is pretty busy. I color coded everything into a dollar calendar from the craft store. I needed to keep track of all of my design teams, clubs and other events. Next weekend I have the Festive Friday bloghop, and a Soapmaking workshop on Saturday. I can't wait until the last weekend of the month. I am going to CHA in CA! My work {along with my fellow AMP design team members} will be on display at the Amazing Mold Putty booth! Have great weekend!!!

: ) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin