Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ornate "Happy Holidays" card using Unscripted Sketches #163 and Altered Pages Vintage Imagery



Hello! It's the weekend again and time for this week's Sketch-It Saturday and a new sketch! Presenting my vintage Christmas card using Unscripted Sketches #163! This week there is also a piggyback challenge to use vellum. Easy Peasy. Out on my travels this week I happened upon a 5"x7" Cuttlebug new 2-in-1 emboss and cut folder in a clearance bin for $2.97....SOLD! And this was perfect for this weeks sketch paired up with a couple vintage images from AlteredPages.comUnderneath the textured vellum is a digital collage image AP-2137 Beautiful Collage Backgrounds. The woman is a single vintage postcard image AP-CH614


The rich gold, taupe and wine colors blended perfectly making a quite elegant card. I embossed and cut the woman. I punched out the center of the frame releasing the ornate shape and inked edges of woman and adhered over the vellum piece. The vellum is rubbed with antique gold DewDrop ink to add depth to the detail. All layered together and mounted to a cranberry cardstock base using pearly photo corners and finished off with a Crafty Secrets sticker sentiment mounted on a gold cardstock scrap. I hope you enjoy this card - it is much different than my usual works. I am having fun exploring vintage imagery and working on more altered projects.


What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun...and post your creation on their page for all the world to see!

Thanks for dropping by and I invite you to play along with us! I would love to see your creations. Have a wonderfully creative weekend!!!
: ) Sb 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, I really like how to altered the edges for added visual interest.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin