Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Are You Ready to SPARKLE??? ABAC - Challenge #3 Sparkle and SHINE

Today debuts a brand new Challenge...SPARKLE and SHINE!!! Are you ready to CREATE??? 


There's two weeks to play along and link up via inlinkz froggy. ABAC is a bi-weekly challenge and today, the Design Team showcases NEW projects using a brand-new challenge of using "SPARKLE and SHINE". Please click here to head on over to ABAC and see all the fantastic projects shared by the fantastic design team AND submissions by all of you. I will have a project featured next Sunday for week two of the challenge. 

REMEMBER this challenge blog is ANYTHING and EVERYTHING... except for Cards.



Anything But a Card Challenge 2 is SPARKLE and SHINE!

SPARKLE and SHINE - include something(s) with sparkle, gleam, reflective, shiny, etc. Bling it up!!! For my project I'm sharing, I made a faux mirror by distressing/aging aluminum foil wrapped around a piece of cardstock. 


The great thing about "ALTERED ART" is that anything goes - AND - absolutely everything can be used for creating. I collaged the background and I decided to use a quote from AP-2020 Frightful Images digital collage sheet. But it is a riddle about a mirror...so I needed a mirror, and an ornate frame. Guess where my frame came from??? The frame is cut right off the glossy printed cover of my Glitz Paper Pack!...nothing goes to waste on my craft table.


This complemented perfectly with the table scene with cat which is from the Altered Pages AP-778 Black and White ATC digital collage sheet. I fussy cut it out and carefully trimmed out the center which I covered with a piece of polished and aged aluminum foil. I aged foil with black acrylic paint and then buffed it away, then rubbed some gold ink for patina. I finished off the edges with some embroidered black lace and some "SHINY" gold German Scrap detailing.

I hope you like my latest entry in my art journal "Mirror...Mirror".



I hope you are inspired to play along and I can't see what you create! Have a fantastic day! :) Sb

1 comment:

  1. And I thought I saved everything?! LOVE your mirror!! Such a fantastic page!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin