Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Having Fun "GETTING MESSY" with
Anything But a Card Challenges No. 22

Hello! Happy Sunday everyone! I'm so excited to for this new Anything But a Card Challenge... Number 22 is "GETTING MESSY". This challenge is right up my alley - my hands are always inky, gluey and full of paint. Today I'm sharing a page in my Art Quote Journal made using some DIY mists using mica powders.


There's two weeks to play along and link up via inlinkz froggy. Anything But a Card Challenges is a bi-weekly challenge and today, begins a new challenge. Our wonderful Design Team showcases Challenge 22 "GETTING MESSY" inspired projects today. Please click here to head on over to ABAC and see all the fantastic projects shared by the design team AND submissions by all of you. I will have another project featured next Sunday for week two of the challenge.

REMEMBER this challenge blog is ANYTHING and EVERYTHING... except for Cards. ATC's aren't greeting cards...so please link up your ATC's!!!





Anything But a Card Challenge 22 is "GETTING MESSY": Anything Goes here - use modeling paste, paint, ink, sprays, Papier-mâché, alcohol inks, etc. Get it all out and just dive in and have FUN! The possibilites are endless and the theme is open.



I rummaged my house and reclaimed every spray bottle I could get my hands on. I have here an assortment of recycled travel size hair/body sprays, some Ranger Mini Misters, and some small mini sprayers I purchased from Sky Blue Pink. I labeled each with the color/combinations. I am so excited to play with my DIY mists. I got out my stencils and punchinella and started getting messy and just let the ink fly! I sprayed several colors on first layer then let dry and then heat set to make sure it was entirely dry.





On second layer I added some squares
and this gear detail - I love it!



The background is wonderful and goes perfectly with my favorite quote from one of the Masters...Edgar Degas!

Degas is referred to as one of the founders of Impressionism, though he rejected this and wanted to be called a REALIST. He studied the traditional methods of classical painters and he applied his masterful technical skill to his colorful paintings best known for capturing movement and private moments; exemplified in his works of bathers, ballet dancers and horse racing.


The Dance Class (La Classe de Danse),1873–1876,
oil on canvas, by Edgar Degas

Here's a few more of my favorite quotes by Degas - I think you might like these and have a little chuckle, too.

"In painting you must give the idea of the true by means of the false."

"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do."

"Everyone has talent at twenty-five. The difficulty is to have it at fifty."

If you would like to know more about Edgar Degas, CLICK HERE to read his wikipedia entry.

I hope you are inspired to run to your studio, get out some supplies, "GET MESSY" and play along... I can't see what you create!!! Have a creative DAY!!! :) Sb

2 comments:

  1. SUsan I love your take on messy! The colours have intensity but still blend well. It is interesting where your inspiration came from too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the different layers of color on this! Your scavenger hunt for spray bottles is inspiring me to fill up the ones I have and get busy misting!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin