Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Friday, June 7, 2013

Tearin' It Up... for Craft Stamper's Take It, Make It Challenge Number Two


It's finally Friday - and boy am I happy. I've been burning the midnight oil all week in preparation for a teaching gig I will be starting in just over a week. I just wanted to share my project that I'm submitting to the Craft Stamper Magazine's second Take It, Make It Blog Challenge. I love to tear and distress things... so this challenge was just up my alley! I have torn loads of stamped layers and fussy cut a few, too.


I used the Ripping and Tearing Techniques to add texture and dimension to this plain recycled card box bottom. It had this pretty blue paper on it... but I needed a base and this was the perfect size for a shadow box.

I started by cutting a piece of silver patterned paper to cover over the box which was super quick and easy with my MIRACLE TAPE.


I have a few Steampunk stamped backgrounds in my stash that using a TORN masking tape technique on glossy Kromecote cardstock!!! All STEAMPUNK theme stamps are from Viva Las Vegastamps!.

   

I just love to tear - this stamped background is so perfect to go along with the torn edges and paper curls. Please CLICK HERE to see how I made this beautiful and dramatic background. 


Supplies used: STAMPS all from Viva Las Vegastamps! - "Pensive Girl" #16033plate #1268plate #1273 Steampunk Stamps"Vintage Fan Lady On Balloon" #17461" ; Also used Kromecote cardstock1/4" & 1/2" Miracle Tapet; Stone Gray Staz-On Ink; Sakura Gelli Stardust Pen; Diamond Glaze; Ranger Distress Markers; several colors of Ranger Distress Inks; stipple brush; 3-D pop dots; colored cardstock; and recycled greeting card box base.


Thanks for dropping by - I'm getting in just under the wire as today is the deadline for the challenge. CLICK HERE for the DETAILS.

Have a great evening! See you tomorrow for Sketch-It Saturday with Unscripted Sketches. Sb :)

4 comments:

  1. Love this Susan! So many layers, so much going on!!! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the layers of torn paper matting the sweet image!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin