Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

T!m Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 for September...
and I'm LOVING my new UmWowStudio Masks!!!


I finished off the month completing the September installment of T!m Holtz' 12 Tags of 2013. I think this makes 3 now that I have done - LOL! {Click Here to see March... and here to see August}. It's just fun to try new things and new toys... and that I can share this with all of you. I just got all the new UmWowStudio Masks in the mail and some super awesome chippies and I just dove right in and let my muse fly.



"... you smiled at the stars like they know all your secrets."


I started off following T!m's technique using Paper Artsy Grunge Paste in the top corner and the UWS hexagon confetti mask from UmWowStudio. Then I layered with Antique Linen Distress Paint with an old-school letter stencil {leftover from my art camp}. 


Next I layered this glowing UWS lightbulb mask... I got some bright ideas!




I added more of the UWS hexagon confetti mask to mirror those in the grungepaste; then added the numbers from my old-school letter stencil; and added mini chevron borders from the UWS line of chevrons mask {i think this is my FAV} and large UWS hexagon mask.


I finished off stamping the Viva Las VegaStamps! nesting gears in black and cut up a little quote that I printed off my Zink Happy printer {love that it's already a sticker}. I distressed the tag edges and tied off the top with some fibers and black tulle. Another inspiring piece for my quote art journal... guess I need to make some pocket pages!


I think I'm really hooked on layering with masks and stencils now... and I have been collecting and hoarding quite a few. Can't wait to see what October brings! Have a great day :) sb

2 comments:

  1. Love your tag, great layering and colors. Well GF, you have 3 more done than me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag looks fabulous! The depth of the background is amazing! I really need to get out of my comfort zone and try this! I'm always so worried I'll go a step too far... silly, I know!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin