Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Happy Happy #Cre8time Washi Tape Party with Unscripted Sketches #257

 
If you arrived here from Unruly Paper Arts...
CLICK HERE to jump to my "HOME" Reader's Art Quest Inspiration


Good Morning! Today is Sketch-It Saturday with Unscripted Sketches #257. After getting my washi stash organized I was excited to create this fun birthday card by incorporating stamping with and ON the washi tape. The "happy happy happy birthday" background is DIY washi using white paper bandage tape I found at my favorite place to find crafty goodness... the Dollar Tree.

I layered three strips together and spritzed with yellow and lime green mists, then stamped repeatedly to make the background. This was quick and easy to put together, too - the hardest part was fussy cutting the stamped party streamer and confetti bits. All the stamps are Viva Las VegaStamps! and I used Royal Purple StazOn ink to stamp onto the washi tapes. This is so fun and I just I love how the striped washi tape contrasts with the Doodlebug "Fancy Frills" scalloped border.


What is Sketch it Saturdays at Unscripted Sketches? Every Saturday morning a new sketch is posted for the week. Flip the sketch, rotate it… create a card, a scrapbook page, a wall hanging, digital, paper, fabric, paint, anything your imagination comes up with! There is no right or wrong way, as long as you are using the Unscripted sketch as the inspiration for your creation! And everyone is invited to join in the fun... and post your creation on their page via inlinkz for all the world to see!
 
•••••••••••

Thanks for dropping by today. Hope you have a fantastic weekend! Sb :)

1 comment:

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin