Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, June 23, 2014

I'm on a #Cre8time Steampunk Adventure with Darkroom Door Stamps and Unruly PaperArts



It's that time of the month again... time for another one of my "Thoughtful Abstractions" columns at Unruly PaperArts. This month's theme is STAMP it OUT... and stamping is one of my favorite Cre8time Pastimes!

Stamps are so versatile and can be used for many projects: from cardmaking to home decorating, to altered books and ATCs - pretty much anything and everything can be stamped.


This month's sponsor of the Stamp It Out issue at Unruly PaperArts is Darkroom Door Stamps - a company I have loved following over the years and I was so excited to receive their Steampunk set which has a variety of words and images; mounted on cling foam.


I've created this fun "steampunk adventure" card featuring these dueling dashing men of steampunk... the inventor -vs- the explorer. I turned the stamped images into mini polaroid photos using the words as titles. I used leftover scraps from my Doctor Who mini album from last month for a grounding border and filled in the background of the blank kraft card with the gears and phrase. Everything is rubbed up with some chalk inks for distressing and this card is good to go.

Want to see what else I've created?? I have a created a new whimsical page in art journal using this set of Darkroom Door Steampunk Essentials.


Please CLICK HERE to view my Thoughtful Abstractions column in the Unruly PaperArts "STAMP it OUT" issue. It is a total must see completely stamped using this fabulous set of Darkroom Door Steampunk Essentials.  :) Sb

Also - make sure you enter this month's Reader's Art Quest at Unruly PaperArts. One lucky creation linked up via inLinkz will be randomly chosen to win a fabulous prize package from Darkroom Door Stamps. CLICK HERE for the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin