Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Five Sundays in August... brings an Extra Day of #Cre8time!!!




Good Morning Everyone! It's the last weekend in August... and also Labor Day Weekend... the last weekend of summer as kids are heading back-to-school. Today brings an extra special challenge over at Anything But a Card Challenges!

The moon and stars have aligned to give us an EXTRA Sunday this month which messes up our 3 +1 system of challenges. Today is another FIFTH SUNDAY! This is an oddity in the calendar that is happening several times in 2014... SO we have added this fun MINI-Challenge today here at Anything But a Card Challenges!!! Are you ready to play and have some fun??!

ALSO we are adding to our team here at Anything But a Card Challenges... CLICK HERE to view our DT call which closes Sept. 13th. We encourage you to apply! ABAC has no sponsors + no expectations + no having to use particular stuff! No Rules and a variety of themes and possible makes = doing projects you REALLY want to do! We are all about CREATING and SHARING... ABAC is all inclusive – and all levels of expertise are welcome too. If you love to create everything under the sun that is NOT CARDS... throw your hat in and apply!


The Fifth Sunday Challenge... "USE FIVE"!! Use the number 5 or five items, five colors, five words... what ever FIVE represents to you. For those who want to go a little more literal - here's the definition, too! Loads of inspiration could be had over at Wikipedia's page for 5 (number).

* * * * * * * * * * * * 

five (faɪv)
n.
1. a cardinal number, four plus one.

2. a symbol for this number, as 5 or V.

3. a set of this many persons or things.

4. a five-dollar bill.

adj.
5. amounting to five in number.

[before 1000; Middle English; Old English fīf; c. Old Frisian, Old Saxon fīf, Old High German fimf, finf, Old Norse fimm, Gothic fimf, Latin quīnque, Greek pénte, Skt pancha]

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Please share any current project you have created and JUST REMEMBER... create anything EXCEPT a card for this challenge. Please mention and LINK BACK to the Anything But a Card Challenges Fifth Sunday Challenge. ALSO - Please new projects only {no-backlinking}. :)


Now to my project. From time to time, I join swaps with different groups I am in. The "FIVE" challenge helps reign things in when you have a broad theme to go with. So here are my five things that I used to create my ATCs:

1. a theme "down the rabbit hole"
2. a leftover sheet of marbelized painted paper {I made a bunch of these one day}
3. some fun rubber stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps!
4. a new fun harlequin washi tape I got at the Dollar Tree
5. ink pads for stamping images and distressing


My painted paper happens to also use five colors of Ranger Distress Paint... imagine that! One day a while back, I painted a bunch of sheets in different colors using this technique - once you get going... it's pretty easy and fun to do a bunch as you wait for paper to dry a bit between adding more layers of color.


This is loosely based on T!m Holtz' marbeling technique where you apply multiple colors of distress paint to your craft sheet, mist with water and drag the paper though the paint. I added all the colors in a splotchy fashion, and sprayed a lot of water which gives a more watercolor effect when paper is dragged.


I drag once, then respray more water to the craft sheet to pick up another layer of color. I repeat this until I've mopped up all the paint from my craft sheet. The colors are more muted, but there is a lot more pattern and texture from the paint floating in beads of water.

With a nice sheet to work with, I cut it down to make my ATC card blanks and set to work on the stamping and layering of elements. One special stamping trick I did was to layer two stamps on top of each other, the girl and a keyhole - placing the keyhole over one of her eyes; then I trimmed each keyhole out. This gives the perfect eye peering though the keyhole for this Alice in Wonderland themed ATC. The sentiment I've had for ages from VLVS! and I thought it went perfectly for the quirky white rabbit whose always proclaiming, "I'm Late!" These came together really quickly and they were fun to make.

Thanks for visiting! I hope you will play along in the FIVE challenge at ABAC and consider applying for the DT call and join our team of designers. Happy Sunday! :) Sb

1 comment:

  1. Great marbling Susan - I wish mine came out so well! And a lovely ATC with such a wonderful sentiment x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin