Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Monday, February 9, 2015

Papercrafting and #Cre8time Art Play with ADORNit®



Welcome to my stop on the ADORNit® Art Play Bloghop! You should have arrived here from Anita's blog "The Flamingo Chronicles". If you have arrived here first and want to get back to the start of the hop, please CLICK HERE to jump to the ADORNit® Blog.


The new line of Art Play Paintables from ADORNit® are so fun and fabulously illustrated by Lindsay Ostrom... ready to color and play with your entire mixed media toy chest! I have created an altered embroidery hoop wall hanging with one of the 6" x 6" pieces on the Art Play Paintables - Life's Journey {which has 4 images included on a 12" x 12" sheet}.


I began by adding color using a waterbrush and Ranger Distress Markers. The paper of the Art Play Paintables is a thick cardstock with a watercolor paper texture - which is a nice base for paint and layering of colors in a watercoloring technique.


I built up my layers of color with a variety of colors to bring out accents and details, then traced off the sun, top of tree and heart onto deli paper to make templates to cut cardstock for paper-piecing from the ADORNit® Blender Basics Paper Pack. I love the contrast of hand-coloring with patterned papers.


I filled in the layers of grass with torn sections of two different greens from the ADORNit® Blender Basics Paper Pack – and I used both sides of each for the layers. The paper pack has three double-sided 12" x 12" sheets of every color in the rainbow.


Next I used a glue stick to mount all the patterned paper sections and adhered a recycled section of an embroidery hoop {which happens to be missing it's outer ring}. I punched two small holes in the top using my Crop-a-dile before gluing down with Diamond Glaze.


While the hoop and adhesive dried under a heavy book, I prepared a phrase for my wall hanging. I selected "collect moments... not things from one of the twelve inspiration cards on the Art Play Paintables – Ladybugs 12" x 12" sheet.


Your clue is: the letter " T "


Before I mounted the green patterned paper, I cut away and fussy cut the floral spray at the bottom of the original illustration. I hand-colored this and the phrase in the same fashion as the rest. I adhered the phrase using 3D dots and glued the floral spray to the edge of the hoop with Diamond Glaze. I trimmed away the excess paper flush to edge of hoop, topped with a hanger and bow using Offray Ribbons and my wall hanging is ready to adorn the wall in my studio.



The finishing touch is a little shimmery bling with my Sakura of America Gelly Stardust Hologram pen... adds that kiss of sparkle and compliments the sheer shimmery bow!

Thanks for visiting! I hope you are inspired to PLAY with the new ADORNit® products.


CLICK HERE to view the entire line – I would love to hear what is your favorite Art Play Paintable.  :) Sb

The next stop on the hop is Besty Burnett of "Aim Happy".
CLICK HERE to jump to Betsy's Blog.

Supplies Used: ADORNit Blender Basics Paper PackArt Play Paintables – LadybugsArt Play Paintables – Life's Journey; water brush; Ranger Distress Markers; EK Success 3D Dots; scissors; Judikins Diamond Glaze; glue stick; Offray Ribbon; Cat's Eye Chalk inks for distressing; and a recycled wooded embroidery hoop.

13 comments:

  1. I have never seen this product - now I must investigate
    thanks for sharing
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project idea with the embroidery hoop.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful detail on the coloring and the cut, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your project Susan! I haven't tried water color on mine yet, but it is on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute little project! Love your attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet project! Love the hoop idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had never heard of these, Susan--sounds like fun, I really like what you did with it!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for Playing with our papers! We never would have thought about a hoop to mount the art... great idea! also the layers for grass...how cool!

    ReplyDelete

  9. I love all of the colors that you used....beautiful project, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is your clue letter? I can't find it anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fun and cheerful! I love the images you combined and the hoop is such a great way to display this!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin