Translate

**If you have previously subscribed to received my posts via email: Please subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin in the right sidebar.**

Sunday, April 19, 2015

#Cre8time Paint Play brings #MixedMedia Variety...



Join me today for another installment of my "Thoughtful Abstractions" column at Unruly PaperArts. The theme for April is Gelli® Plates and Monoprinting... focusing on the mixed-media painting technique that virtually ANYONE can do – anywhere! This is one of my favorite techniques and is a source of Cre8time inspiration.

CLICK HERE to jump over to Unruly Paper Arts to read my latest column that includes a monoprinting tutorial.

Monoprints are so versatile and can be a starter for all sorts of projects. Here are a few examples of projects I've made using different techniques.


My "Faux Van Gogh" stamped collage is a fusion of three layers: the base a painted sheet of white cardstock; a monoprint created with Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic paints {Cadmium Orange Hue and Cerulean Blue} and deli paper on a Gelli Arts® Gel Printing Plate {yes, I do actually own one}; and a stamped image on deli paper. This is a fun way to use your monoprints. This blue and orange was acutally a clean-up sheet that I was rolling my paint filled brayer on. CLICK HERE to view tutorial on how I created this.


How about using a monoprint to découpage onto a dimensional project? Oh yes! This made painting so quick and easy and my whimsical steampunk pinewood derby car came to life in minutes. CLICK HERE to see the entire project.


Round monoprinting plates are the lastest craze and it dawned on me that I also have loads of round shapes lying around, too! A whole pile of them!!! Several of my mold rubber molds sitting in pretty little stacks like crafty pancakes.

First I applied some colors to one of my rectangular plates with a brayer, then pressed my nut and bolt mold into the paint – this leaves a beautiful circle with hexagons in the negative space. Then I can stamp off the color from the MOLD onto another print or blank paper. Gorgeous!!! CLICK HERE to view more variations of applying color.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you are inspired to try some painterly play during your Cre8time! Have a wonderful Sunday. :) Sb

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin